C.E.R. Development LLC’s
Last modified: September 28, 2020
All capitalised terms used herein are defined in the last section of this Policy.
When you open an account with us or use our Platform, you are directed to this Policy and required to accept and/or agree to this Policy. Each time you use our Platform and each time you provide us with information or data to us via the Platform or otherwise, you are accepting and agreeing to the current version of this Policy and consent and agree to our collection and processing of your information as set forth in this Policy.
We may amend, update, modify, or revise this Policy at any time by posting an amended, updated, modified, or revised version of this Policy on our Platform. The revised version will be effective as the published effective date. Your continued use of our Platform after such effective date indicates your acceptance of and agreement to the amended, updated, modified, or revised Policy. You should check our Policy periodically for modifications.
This Policy applies to information we collect on the Platform and, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Platform.
This Policy does not apply to any website or application owned and/or operated by or on behalf of any third party, even if we provide a link to such website from our Platform.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand how we collect, use, and protect your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use the Platform.
What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- When you register an account with us and create a User Profile, whether by downloading and installing the mobile application, creating an account on our website, we collect Personal Information including at minimum, your name, postal address, email address, mobile phone number, vehicle license tag number and issuing jurisdiction, Payment Method, Payment Information, Username and password. We collect information from and about you directly when you provide it to us, automatically when you use the Platform and from third parties.
- Over the course of your use of the Platform, we may collect additional Personal Information such as: your mailing address, billing address, Transaction data; GPS data; information that you voluntarily provide in your User Profile; information received from your credit card provider, digital wallet, or financial institution; information necessary to address your help requests or to troubleshoot problems; information provided in connection with your membership level; information contained in any communication you have with us; and your Username and password.
- We also collect other Anonymity Data about you (such as enrolment numbers, demographic information, age group information, or gender) on an aggregated and de-identified basis. We may share such information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
- We automatically collect and track information including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Platform, subscribing to our services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of Transactions you carry out through the Platform and of the fulfillment of those Transactions. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Platform.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
Although you may set certain privacy settings for your information by logging into your User Profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share with your Personal Information. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
When you download, access or use the Platform, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Platform, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Platform, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Platform.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including your device’s manufacturer and model, IP address, operating system name and version, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Location Information. The Platform collects real-time information about the location of your device. The Platform will collect your GPS location via cellular tower or wireless internet to provide turn-by-turn directions for your driving convenience.
- Web Beacons. The Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Platform statistics.
Third-Party Information Collection
- When you use the Platform or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
Our Affiliates and Partners.
- Social media platforms
- These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Platform. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content. They may also use your Personal Information to authenticate you as a user and real person.
- We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. We are not responsible for the use of your Personal Information with these third parties and accept no responsibility of the same. If you wish to not provide third parties access to your Personal Information, please opt out on your User Profile.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download or use the Platform or delete it from your device. You may opt out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, however, that opting out of the Platform’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled. Please also note that your opt-out will only apply to future transactions and will not change Personal Information already used to complete a Transaction or already shared in accordance with the terms of this Policy and may prevent you from using the full functionality of the Platform. Also, please note that you may not opt out of any correspondence relating to your reservation of our services. Whenever you remove some or all of your Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove all or some of your Personal Information from our files, however, we may retain your Personal Information for archival purposes or when we are required to retain your Personal Information pursuant to other agreements or by law and we may retain, use, and share your anonymous Personal Information that we previously collected. If you do not want us to use Personal Information as part of the pool of Anonymized Data that we share with third parties, you may choose to opt-out by emailing email@example.com. Additionally, in the case of emails, you may click on the “Unsubscribe” link in the email. If you do not wish to receive push notifications, you can change this setting on the mobile application of your mobile device.
- Your opt-out will not stop our use of Personal Information as part of the pool of Anonymized Data for other business purposes, such as:
- Processing transactions;
- Risk and fraud prevention;
- Maintenance and development of the Platform;
- Reporting on the state of our business;
- Designing and operating our other products and services; or
Providing Payment Information to Transaction Entities.
How We Use Your Information
- We use your Personal Information and location information to:
- Provide you with the Platform and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Provide you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Platform updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- Facilitate, process, and document your Transactions using your Payment Information and to process, including refunds and credits.
- In some circumstances, serve as the merchant of record for the purpose of settling your Transactions using your Payment Information.
- Provide you with support and responses to requests and complaints.
- Operate the Platform to improve, enhance, and customize your experience with us.
- Send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to us and use of the Platform.
- Send you marketing, advertising material, and other content and provide you with information and advertisements about sites, amenities, offers, discounts and other places and attractions in your close vicinity, or that we believe you may find interesting. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of our services.
- Improve user experience for you and other users.
Create Anonymized Data.
- Administer and conduct surveys, contests, questionnaires, discount or rewards programs, sweepstakes, or promotions for ourselves or third parties.
- Analyze and monitor the usage of the Platform and make improvements.
- Help secure the Platform, prevent fraud, and enforce our policies.
- Facilitate communication between you and the Company.
- Comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under applicable law.
- Troubleshoot and address outages, malfunctions, or problems that you are having with the Platform.
- Facilitate the termination of your User Profile and retain your Personal Information for archival purposes or when we are required to retain such information by law or pursuant to our other agreements.
- Take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Company.
- Make required reports to Transaction Entities and our other partners and service providers.
- Contact you about our other products and services or those of our Affiliates or, if you agree, those of other third parties.
- Provide requested information to relevant authorities upon the request of such authorities.
- Collect or attempt to collect any unpaid amounts owed by you.
Perform other activities with your consent.
- Conduct data analysis, audits, develop new products, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operate and expand our business activities.
- We use collective learnings about how people use our services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas of integration and improvement of the services.
- If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where: we need it to provide you the services, including to operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the services; it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the services and protect our legal rights and interests; we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation; or you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the services.
For all other legal purposes.
How We Use Anonymized Data
- We use Anonymized Data, but will not share it with other third parties, except without your permission:
- To enhance your experience.
- To properly operate and improve the quality of the Platform.
- To create new services, features, or products, including customized services, and change or cancel existing services.
- For internal, external, commercial, analytical, and statistical purposes.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We will never sell, rent, license or exchange your Personal Information with a third party without your permission, except as otherwise provided herein. No personal Information will be shared with third party advertisers or partners without your permission, except as otherwise provided herein. There are certain disclosures of your Personal Information that do not require us to obtain your permission and, subject to whatever opt-out rights you may have, you hereby consent to such disclosures. We may share your Personal Information and other information:
- With companies and vendors that help us to operate our business by providing services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, integration, analytics, marketing sales customer service, email delivery, messaging, auditing, debt collecting and other business operations services.
- With third party sponsors of promotions or contests in which you choose to participate. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-parties before connecting to or using their applications or services.
- The services may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from Ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- To comply with law or other legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas and respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- To protect Our rights, operations, or property, or that of Our users.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of the Policy, Terms or law.
- With a purchaser of the Company (or the majority of its assets), or a merger, reorganization, or internal acquisition.
- With Transaction Entities (Personal Information and Anonymized Data) as needed for Transactions or required by our agreements.
- With third-party service providers and other third-party partners (Anonymized Data, only) as needed for Our or their performance of contractual duties.
- With Our Affiliates as allowed by law. Any Personal Information relating to you that we provide to Our Affiliates will be treated by those Affiliates in accordance with this Policy and We are responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
- If you participate in surveys, contests, questionnaires, discount or rewards programs, sweepstakes, or promotions offers, discount or rewards programs, sweepstakes, promotions, questionnaires, or surveys, We may share Personal Information about you with Our service providers and other third-parties.
- If you use Our Platform to complete Transactions or engage in any other kind of activity that uses your financial information, with: Transaction Entities; our other service providers; and such third parties as we determine are necessary to process or complete your Transactions.
We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for Us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from Us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information, with your consent.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
- We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Platform to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings or through the Platform. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Platform may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote Our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want Us to use information that We collect or that you provide to Us to deliver advertisements according to Our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want Us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging onto the Platform and visiting your User Profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to Us. If there are updates or changes to such additional Personal Information we have collected, you may contact Us and We will attempt to accommodate all requests for such changes. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Please note that changing or deleting portions of your Personal Information will only change or delete the Personal Information for purposes of future Transactions and will not change Personal Information already used to complete a Transaction or already shared in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHANGES TO OR DELETIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY PREVENT YOU FROM USING THE FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE PLATFORM AT ALL.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information, except for Payment Information and Payment Methods, you provide to us is stored on Our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be automatically encrypted when using the Platform. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through Our Platform. Any transmission by you of your Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures We provide. We are also not responsible for any unauthorized access to or loss of Personal Information that is beyond Our control.
Changes to Our Policy
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Affiliates” mean any person or entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us, whether by ownership or otherwise.
- “Anonymized Data” means anonymous, statistical, or aggregated information, on a de-identified basis (such as anonymous location information, enrollment numbers, demographic group information, etc.), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user.
- “Cookies” mean the small data files on your computer or other device which consist of cookies, pixel tags, e-tags, "flash cookies," or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications.
- C.E.R Development LLC and its Affiliates are collectively referred to as “Company”, “EZ Transaction, “us”, “we”, and “our”.
- “Payment Information” means information of any type necessary to process payments in connection with any Transaction, related to payments via the Payment Methods.
- “Payment Methods” collectively mean acceptable methods of payment, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover credit cards; PayPal; digital wallets such as Visa Checkout, MasterPass, Chase Pay, and ApplePay Wallet; debit cards; ACH transactions; and any other payment methods accepted in the future.
- “Personal Information” means information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, including, without limitation name, address, identifying number or code, telephone number, and email address.
- “Platform” means Our mobile application, EZ Transaction, and the website, www.ez-transaction.com, that is used to support and promote our comprehensive social distancing application used for an individual’s preferred consumer service establishments from restaurants to salons to personal trainers to medical providers and all other businesses where personal interaction is required, allowing for one convenient application to maintain calendars for appointments, schedule payments, and download and review menus, documents, forms, and files for viewing.
- “Services” collectively means our backend technologies, functions, servers, databases and our other products, services, content, features, technologies, functions, applications, and related websites.
- “Transactions” mean, collectively, starting, paying for, completing or making payment transactions of all kinds using our Platform, using our accepted Payment Methods and any use of Services.
- “Transaction Entities” includes any entity with whom you engage in a financial transaction, including credit card issuers; banking institutions; electronic or digital wallet companies; credit rating services; venue owners, operators, managers, contractors, customer service, representatives, agents, and vendors; valet service providers; sports teams; theaters; entertainment venues; distributors of the Platform; companies with whom we have a co-branding relationship; companies for whom we provide software without out attribution (white labeled), governmental agencies; event organizers and partners; education entities; and municipalities; and any other entities companies for whom we provide our Platform to as a contractor, service provider, or the like.
- “Username” means the user name required upon creating an account.
- “You” or “Your,” we mean the person accessing or using our Platform. If the person accessing or using our Platform, acts on behalf of, or for the purposes of another person, including a business or other organization, “you” or “your” also mean that other person, including a business organization.